Monday, November 8, 2010

A Day at Barney's

So I was in New York this weekend for one of the most FAB parties I have ever been to! It was my friend Filippa's 25th birthday party, held at her family's apartment on Central Park South. Top floor penthouse, amazing view, incredibly delicious food (most of which had some type of truffle-infused aspect, Flip is CRAZY about truffles), you get the picture... Anyway, leading up to this fabulous soiree my girlfriend Jaclyn and I spent the better part of our day at Barney's, well before we could ruin our nail and blowout appointments. I must embarrassingly admit that this was my first ever trip to the holy-grail that is Barney's, but am also proud to announce it will be my "go-to" from now on.


Barney's stats:
Nine floors, two sides (a men's and a woman's side, only accessible via even-floor entrances), two spas, a restaurant, a stationer ... the list goes on and on.


Barney's does a phenomenal job buying and editing their merchandise selection, continuing to remain ahead of the curve in promoting upcoming designers and trends.  Walking around the Co-Op, which is their contemporary department, irresistible brands such as 3.1 Phillip Lim, Carven, A.L.C., Richard Chai, and Gemma jumped out at me at an impressively alarming rate. Not only are the clothing and accessories impressive, but Barney's also has entertainment for those of us who are assisting the shopper. Here are a few snap shots I gathered on my BlackBerry, including the Vince display above in the elevator bank on 5, while walking around to find Jackie a dress (which we did!), and then our delicious lunch at Fred's.





Now, Fred's on 9. This bustling bistro and eatery to see-and-be-seen offers everything for brunch, lunch, dinner and even high tea on weekdays. The service was excellent, not even a second look when I realized my glass of champagne (half-drank) actually had remnants of someone else's mimosa pulp. ECK! But I got a full complimentary pour on the house, in a clean glass, and all was right in the world. I highly recommend this dish from Fred's, the wild mushroom risotto with truffle oil and grated parmesan cheese. Pair it with a a glass of champagne and it is an incredibly satisfying meal!

I can't wait to hear about your own Barney's experiences.

Barney's New York
660 Madison Avenue
New York, NY 10065

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...