Saturday, September 18, 2010

When You See the Southern Cross for the First Time...


You understand now why you came this way! I saw Crosby, Stills and Nash in concert Wednesday night where they played at the Pier 6 Pavilion in downtown Baltimore and I cannot stop singing the lyrics. They were amazing to say the least, playing all of thier old classics in 2 glorious sets. My favorites included Our House, Marrakesh Express, Southern Cross, Wooden Ships and my all-time favorite Cathedral. Crosby Stills and Nash are lyrical and harmonizing perfection, still to this day some 40 years after their heyday.

As I said I saw them at Pier 6, however, I didn't actually go into the venue. I pulled a very "Baltimorian" move with some comrades... We sat along the Marriott Waterfront's sidewalk that runs along the canal between the hotel and Pier 6. This means FREE concert! The acoustics are incredible, there is plenty of room to set up shop (lawn chairs, blankets, etc) and we bought snacks and libations from Wholefoods and Bin 604 one block away (Well my friends brought both and I snacked, but I did bring my own bottle of wine AND the opener). Life changing revelation! As you can see from the pictures, we weren't the only Baltimorians smart enough to figure it out. 

Moon through the trees
View from the Marriott Waterfront sidewalk
Fellow concert goers (AKA Savvy Baltimorians)

Setting up shop
*All pictures taken from my Blackberry

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...