Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fairytales

My style has certainly changed throughout the years. I went from preppy schoolgirl to boho chic and now I'm somewhere in between both of these and urban hipster. I love dressing up, but I'm more likely to be seen in a t shirt and jeans, with some kind of twist that would make the Man Repeller proud and my boyfriend cringe. But when I saw Marchesa's S/S 2011 collection I wanted to be a princess. Not the modern kind of princess Kate Middleton is about to become when she betroths Prince William, but the kind in Disney movies with all of the fantasy and glitter and lace mixed in. More Marie Antoinette I suppose (I have watched Sofia Coppola's version about a thousand times). Here are some of my favorites with my interpreted sartorial translations:

 Wicked Witch
 Princess Jasmine
 Sleeping Beauty
Ariel... Naked?
 Tinker Bell... Yes, a fairy counts!
 Cinderella
 Snow White
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...