Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rehab.

  No it's not what you think. Although some of you know me as a "good time girl" I am not entering rehab. But I did stumble, figuratively speaking of course, upon this great photo shoot by Steven Meisel for Vogue Italia from September 2007. A throwback of sorts.

  It's interesting to think of all the celebrities and pseudo-celebrities that have entered rehab at some point throughout their careers. Off the top of my head I can list a half dozen... Lindsay Lohan, Kirsten Dunst, Robert Downey Jr., Nicole Richie, Britney Spears, even Jenna Bush! (I'd imagine that one was just short of another Watergate scandal.) Some did it for publicity and some really needed outside help to combat their addictions.

  This photo shoot, although on a very serious subject matter, infuses a little humor into the heavy topic at hand. To see super models, who may or may not need to see a nutritionist at the least (totally different argument), acting as rehab patients and going bonkers is compelling. I find the girls showing of their "Britneys" especially cheeky. Remember that moral dilemma that so many "IT" girls insisted on forgetting about? Oops.


 Check out the rest of the photoshoot here. I've selected some of my favorites below.


Vogue Italia 2007 
Vogue Italia 2007
Vogue Italia 2007
Vogue Italia 2007
Vogue Italia 2007
Vogue Italia 2007
Vogue Italia 2007
Vogue Italia 2007


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...