Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Little Warmth

With the weather getting so chilly I though I'd share with you some warm weather from my recent trip to Florida. The lovely town of Del Ray was like the sleepy hollow of my dreams, more for the name then the headless horseman who savagely killed the towns people. We stayed at Alex's family's place on a quiet golf course community just minutes from la playa. Alex, as usual, was my travel companion and helped me get a tiny tan line as my personal cabana boy while on the beach. Atlantic Ave provided the much needed rest and relaxation (hence "sleepy hollow") and a heavy food binge these stubborn fall months have caused to be necessary... Cut 432, Boston's reggae night, all-you-can-eat stone crab legs at Truluck's in Mizner, what more can a self-proclaimed foodie who desperately needs a tan ask for? Maybe another trip... ASAP!
 Heavenly Atlantic Ave... Just minutes before this photo was taken a highly skilled, and toned, young man came cycling down the A1A with not 1 but 2 surfboards balanced under his arm. Mad skills.
 A flock of pigeons on the beach.. Yuck! Hey you Euro-trash stopping throwing bread crumbs at them. I can deal with sea gulls, but not pigeons.
 Notice my small, almost imperceptible tanline. I know you can see it.
 Cabana boy taking a break from sunscreen duty.
 Delicious stone crab legs from Truluck's. Do you notice the miniature hanging spoon from the mustard dip holder? I didn't use it but I'm sure it would have come in handy had I felt the need to slather my already delicious crab claws with that yummy mustard dijonnaise sauce. What will they think of next?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...